Thursday 14 June 2012

Implementing an RSS Reader App

Implementing an RSS Reader App

So here starts my journey into implementing a client-side RSS newsreader into my HTML5/CSS/Javascript apps. I found some samples on the web. I want to add RSS feeds functionality to my Playbook app so that I can have content that is continuously updated via the web. To do this, I need code that will essentially seek out and download (in the proper formatting) the blog articles.

Essentially, I can make an app for the tablet/phone which is hard-coded to grab articles and display them from a blog. I can update my blog and the app will also update what it shows.Professional articles and news-bites from journals can now be turned into an app. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.